• Each half term you identify a key literature, non-fiction or poetry text(s) which is aligned to your topic.
• lessons are sequenced using the ‘before’, ‘during’ and ‘after’ approach
• Your plans identify key reading and writing objectives and priorities within the class
• Plans identify key comprehension and inference strategies
• Your delivery aims to deepen and broaden your pupils’ reading, inferential thinking, subject knowledge and cross curricular learning using the comprehension and inference and ‘close’ reading strategies.
It is important that you give consideration to timetabling and management arrangements before the delivery of your literature, non-fiction and / or poetry based unit.
Support is available through your:
- in-school English / ‘Literature Works’ lead
- Newcastle Local Authority (LA) termly CPD opportunities
- Literature Works LA consultant/adviser
- Newcastle City Libraries